Looking for more freedom in your sewing, quilting and embroidery projects?
Come meet the Brother Team at the CQA show for the launch of our new Persona Free-Motion Kit! This innovative kit easily transforms your PRS100 into the ultimate free-motion quilting & embroidery machine.
Let’s face it, as a parent, dealing with an over-burdened schedule can be tough. Whether it’s day camp, school or just tidying up the house, the challenges you face organizing your kids’ lives can sometimes feel overwhelming. But in a recent Brother survey, 3 in 4 parents agreed that it doesn’t need to be this way!
The new school year is just around the corner. As much as this is fun and exciting, getting ready for school normally brings on some levels of stress and frenzy in the household. Let’s be honest – there’s a lot to do and to think about. But don’t fret. Organizing the kids for school is easier than you think.
If you’re already imagining your kids coming back from school with personal items and clothes missing, why not label them? Brother carries a variety of P-touch labellers that are affordable and perfect for on-the-go use. P-touch TZe tape conveniently comes in iron-on format and it’s real easy to use:
Just type a label, print it and iron it on.
The adhesive doesn’t damage clothes
And it can stay on for up to 20 washes or more
Shirts, t-shirts, pyjamas, underwear, face and bath towels, socks, shorts pullovers, swimsuits… you name it! Let nothing escape your labelling powers.
Pyjamas, shirts, t-shirts, underwear, face and bath towels, socks, shorts pullovers, swimsuits… you name it! Let nothing escape your labelling powers.
P-touch laminated labels on the other hand, come in all sorts of colours and sizes and are virtually indestructible. They’re great for anything that’s not clothes. Why are they super-tough? Well, they’re scrape-proof, water-proof and U.V. resistant. They’ll easily stick to your child’s belongings all through camp and way beyond. These are essential for things like toiletry kits, flashlights, and medication!
Getting organized this summer by labelling your child’s belongings will help avoid lots of headaches and stress. It might even save you money in the long run as you will avoid lost items!
So start labelling today and share your labelling stories with us on our Facebook Page: www.facebook/BrotherCanada. We would love to see your great labelling ideas and we’re certain our other customers will too!
Enjoy your summer!
Survey source: Survey conducted for Brother Canada by third party.
If Christmas’s definitely the jolliest time of the year, it’s also the busiest season of the year. No worries, Brother’s got your back! Our early Christmas gift to you: three DIY projects that’ll get you covered and ready to rock it like a Christmas Diva!
Quick & Easy DIY Christmas Cards
Nothing says better “Thinking of you” than a handmade Christmas card. Here are over 50 quick and easy Christmas card templates.
It’s summer camp season. Are you already imagining your kids coming back from camp with clothes missing? Why not label them? (Their clothes, not them).
P-touch® labels are ideal for this. Here’s why :
1. P-touch® TZe tape comes in iron-on format and it’s real easy to use:
o Just type a label, print it and iron it on.
o The adhesive doesn’t damage clothes
o And it can stay on for 20 washes or more.
Pyjamas, shirts, t-shirts, underwear, face and bath towels, socks, shorts, pullovers, swimsuits… let nothing escape your labeling, and your smile will be even bigger you’re your little campers come home!
2. P-touch® laminated labels on the other hand are great for anything that’s not clothes. They’re super-tough: scrape-proof, water-proof and U.V. resistant. They’ll easily stick to your child’s belongings all through camp and way beyond.
Enjoy your summer!
For more information on Brother labellers and tapes, just visit www.brother.ca.
1. Using the water soluble marker draw a square on the fabric for the napkin 18″X 18″.
2. Select Character Decorative Stitch then select the satin stitch 9-01. Adjust the length and width to your liking. The setting used here is length X3 with adjusted length to .02.
3. Using the 18″ X 18″ marked square as a guide stitch the scalloped edge, placing a strip of tear away stabilizer under the fabric. Turn corners only after a full scallop has been completely stitched.
4. Mark a corner of the scalloped area for the embroidery design.
5. Hoop the napkin fabric. Place embroidery card Floral 2 in the embroidery machine. Select Embroidery Edit and select the basket design, touch SET. Rotate the design 45 degrees, CLOSE > END.
6. Touch SEWING and move the design until centered with the placement mark on the fabric. Embroider design.
7. After embroidering design remove from hoop and remove excess stabilizer. Put a small amount of Fray Check on the outside of the scalloped edge. Allow the Fray Check to dry, then trim close to the scallops.
Instructions for Napkin Rings
1. Fuse interfacing to wrong side of one of the 3″ X 8″.
2. With right sides together stitch all four sides using a 1/2″ seam allowance. Leave about a 2″ opening on one of the long sides to turn. Trim seam to 1/4″and clip corners. Turn to the right side and press. Top stitch 1/8″ from the edge.
3. Form a ring over lapping ends 1″. Stitch a button on by hand at overlapping ends. This is where the changeable motifs will be buttoned on.
Instructions for Finishing Napkin
1. Hoop a piece of fabric that matches the napkin or the napkin ring with stabilizer. Embroider designs No.12 and No.13.
2. Place a small amount of Fray Check around the edge of both flowers. Allow to dry and trim around the outside of the flower.
3. Place the small flower on top of the larger one and pin together.
4. Mark the smaller flower for a buttonhole that will go through the center of the flower. This buttonhole should be the same size as the button sewn on the napkin ring. Stitch buttonhole. Carefully cut open the buttonhole and add button to the napkin ring.