Make it even more special and personalised with homemade herbal tea blends or hot chocolate bags. For coffee lovers, buy a large pot of gourmet ground coffee and make small packages using cute little plastic or paper bags such as these.
P.S. You can easily find original gift bags on Etsy 😉
If Christmas’s definitely the jolliest time of the year, it’s also the busiest season of the year. No worries, Brother’s got your back! Our early Christmas gift to you: three DIY projects that’ll get you covered and ready to rock it like a Christmas Diva!
Quick & Easy DIY Christmas Cards
Nothing says better “Thinking of you” than a handmade Christmas card. Here are over 50 quick and easy Christmas card templates.
1. Using the water soluble marker draw a square on the fabric for the napkin 18″X 18″.
2. Select Character Decorative Stitch then select the satin stitch 9-01. Adjust the length and width to your liking. The setting used here is length X3 with adjusted length to .02.
3. Using the 18″ X 18″ marked square as a guide stitch the scalloped edge, placing a strip of tear away stabilizer under the fabric. Turn corners only after a full scallop has been completely stitched.
4. Mark a corner of the scalloped area for the embroidery design.
5. Hoop the napkin fabric. Place embroidery card Floral 2 in the embroidery machine. Select Embroidery Edit and select the basket design, touch SET. Rotate the design 45 degrees, CLOSE > END.
6. Touch SEWING and move the design until centered with the placement mark on the fabric. Embroider design.
7. After embroidering design remove from hoop and remove excess stabilizer. Put a small amount of Fray Check on the outside of the scalloped edge. Allow the Fray Check to dry, then trim close to the scallops.
Instructions for Napkin Rings
1. Fuse interfacing to wrong side of one of the 3″ X 8″.
2. With right sides together stitch all four sides using a 1/2″ seam allowance. Leave about a 2″ opening on one of the long sides to turn. Trim seam to 1/4″and clip corners. Turn to the right side and press. Top stitch 1/8″ from the edge.
3. Form a ring over lapping ends 1″. Stitch a button on by hand at overlapping ends. This is where the changeable motifs will be buttoned on.
Instructions for Finishing Napkin
1. Hoop a piece of fabric that matches the napkin or the napkin ring with stabilizer. Embroider designs No.12 and No.13.
2. Place a small amount of Fray Check around the edge of both flowers. Allow to dry and trim around the outside of the flower.
3. Place the small flower on top of the larger one and pin together.
4. Mark the smaller flower for a buttonhole that will go through the center of the flower. This buttonhole should be the same size as the button sewn on the napkin ring. Stitch buttonhole. Carefully cut open the buttonhole and add button to the napkin ring.